Effective Date November 13, 2014
Applicability and Third Party websites and Services
We may collect your personal information in the following ways:
- When you submit an inquiry form or otherwise provide us with your information, including, but not limited to, contact information, employment information and mortgage or other financial information;
- From third parties, including websites which publish our ads and offers, as well as other online and offline sources such as identity verification services and other service providers and vendors and we may combine such information with other information you have provided to us;
- Automatically based on interaction with our site, using cookies and other technology (as described below).
Types of information we may collect:
- Personally identifying information. We may collect personally identifying information when you provide it to us (as described above). Examples of the types of personally identifying information you may provide include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, telephone number, zip code, self- reported credit rating, self-reported income, employment information, mortgage or loan payment history. You can choose not to provide us with such information, but some of our services and certain parts of our Site may not be accessible to you.
- Other information we collect: We automatically collect information about your interaction with our Site, our advertisements and other promotional content using technologies like cookies and web beacons, and via our web server’s log files. Examples of information which may be collected by our various technologies include browser information, your device IP address, whether you clicked on one of our advertisements, pages you’ve visited on the Site, which website you came from, date and time stamp information, and other navigation and click-through information. Although information we collect through these tracking devices is not always personally identifiable when collected, we may combine such information with personally identifiable information like your name or email address or other information that could be used to identify you.
How we may use and share the information that we collect:
The information that we collect about you may be used by us and shared with third parties in any manner and for any purpose permitted by law. This may include disclosing (with or without remuneration) the personally identifiable information that we collect to third parties for their marketing purposes. Once we provide your information to a third party for any reason, we do not control and are not responsible for that third party’s use or disclosure of such information. Examples of ways and with whom we may share the information that we collect include:
- With third parties in connection with processing or fulfilling your requests or inquiries;
- With companies who may use such information for their own marketing purposes, including to contact you in order to offer you their products or services, or the products or services of other third parties;
- With companies who may resell, exchange or otherwise provide your information to other businesses for various marketing purposes, including to contact you with offers regarding third party products or services;
- With call centers we’ve engaged to call you in response to your request for information about mortgage products or services, and to promote or offer other products and services we think may be of interest to you;
- With advertisers whose content we publish or display, their agents, third party ad servers, and service providers;
- With service providers we engage to provide us with services that support our business operations;
- In response to government or regulatory agency requests, court orders, subpoenas, or as we otherwise believe to be required or permitted in connection with any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- As we believe necessary or desirable to protect our business, rights, safety, assets, or property, or those of you or a third party; to limit our legal liability; to defend our interests or the interests of you or a third party; or to enforce our Terms of Service or other rules; and
- In connection with the consolidation, sale of or other transaction related to our business.
How you may opt-out of certain data collection
Personal information collected may be shared immediately with third parties for direct marketing purposes, but you may opt-out of further sharing of your information for direct marketing purposes by submitting your request to email@example.com.
Cookies and Other Technology
We may also track your use of our Site, advertisements and other content through web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear gifs). Web beacons can be used for various purposes, including to help us improve our Site, services and marketing communications.
Targeted Ads and Analytics Services
We may have relationships with third party advertising and analytics services companies who may place advertisements on our behalf onto other websites, perform tracking and reporting functions for those Sites and our advertisements, and place third party advertisements on our Site. Information collected includes, but may not be limited to, information about the websites you’ve viewed and advertisements you interacted with, along with your IP address, date/time stamp information, your ISP and the browser you use to visit this Site. This information may be used, among other things, to deliver advertising (from us and from other companies) targeted to your preferences and interests, and to better understand the usage and visitation of our Site and the other websites tracked by these advertising companies.
To learn more about targeted advertising (also called behavioral advertising), analytics services and your choices, including how to opt-out of some third party ads, advertising networks and ad servers, you may wish to visit the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page and the Google’s information page.
What choices do you have regarding collection of your information?
- Providing Information. You can choose not to provide us with your personally identifiable information. Note, however, that you may not have access to certain of our products and services if you decide not to provide us with your information.
- Opting Out of Our Promotional Emails. You may opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional emails from us at any time by using the opt-out mechanism contained in such emails (also referred to as “unsubscribe”), or by submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 10 business days for us to process your opt-out request. Also, note that opting out of receiving promotional email communications will affect only future communications from us. If we already provided your information to a third party before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party as well.
- Declining Cookies. If you do not want to accept our cookies, you can adjust your browser settings to decline cookies. You should note, however, that certain areas of the Site may not operate properly if you decide not to accept cookies.
- NAI Opt-Out. Some third party advertising companies we use may collect information about you through cookies and other technologies in connection with their behavioral advertising programs. For information on opting out from behavioral advertising practices, please refer to the Targeted Ads and Analytics Services section above.
This Site is intended for general audiences, and is not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete it. If you believe that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact us using the information below.
Personal Information Transferred to the U.S.
We operate our Site in the United States, and it is intended for use only by those in the U.S. Data protection and privacy laws in the U.S. differ significantly from those in other locations. If you are located outside the U.S., you understand and acknowledge that the personal information that we collect will be transferred to and processed in the U.S., and you consent to such activities.
Plateau Data Services, LLC
Attn: Compliance Department
1875 South Grant Street, Suite 950
San Mateo, CA 94402